Routine cleaning of your hearing aids is absolutely essential for a variety of reasons. First, by routinely cleaning your hearing aid devices you help eliminate the possibly of debris buildup and corrosion. Additionally, without engaging in routine cleaning, you may notice a distorted sound quality or may even perceive the device as not working at all! So, how often should you clean your hearing aid(s)? The answer is – everyday!
Listed below is your step-by-step guide for cleaning your hearing aid(s).
- Start by removing the device(s) from your ear(s)
- Take a wet wipe, damp paper towel, or eyeglass cloth and wipe off the whole hearing aid device including the dome reliving it of any debris
- Take your supplied cleaning brush or unused toothbrush and brush the following areas
- Back of the main hearing aid compartment where the microphone is located
- Open battery door and brush inside of battery compartment if you do not have a rechargeable device
- Brush of the dome reliving the device of any remaining debris
Still struggling with cleaning your hearing aids. We’ve got you covered. Visit the following link for how-to videos on our website that will walk you through, step-by-step, in regard to hearing aid cleaning.