Starkey Hearing Technologies was founded in1967 by William F. Austin with headquarters based in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The premise of the company was and is, “Alone we can’t do much. Together, we can change the world.” With a heavy focus on philanthropy, Starkey Hearing Technologies donates to the Starkey Hearing Foundation, which allows the delivery of more than 100,000 hearing aids annually through missions in developing countries. They also support Hear Now, a program to assist deaf or hard-of-hearing US residents with limited financial resources.
Notable features of Starkey:
- Strong focus on craftsmanship, with hearing aids built to last
- Invisible-in-the-canal hearing aid for a discreet option
- Made-for-iPhone Halo hearing aids, offering customization of the listening experience and direct audio streaming (phone calls, music, videos) from iPhone devices
- Tinnitus management system, both ear level or through phone app
- Large range of hearing aids to offer a solution for everyone
- Water resistant design, to help combat moisture and humidity
- Accessories to improve phone communication, improve one-on-one communication, and offer wireless TV streaming
- CROS and BiCROS options available for single-sided deafness
- Rechargeable option available
Gardner Audiology in Tampa Bay, Florida stocks Starkey repair parts and can do most repairs in their on site lab. Gardner Audiologists sell and fit all Starkey models of hearing aid. Call 1-800-277-1182 for details about Starkey hearing aids.