Our Crystal River, Dunnellon and Inverness patients are never too young or too old to wear hearing aids. Wearing hearing aids is based on whether you have a hearing loss that hearing aids will help. Frequently, people are not worried about being too young to wear hearing aids; they’re concerned that hearing aids make them look old.
A hearing loss is viewed much differently today than it was 30 years ago. As hearing aids became less noticeable, it became more socially acceptable to wear hearing aids. Do not worry that wearing hearing aids will not make you look old. Instead, consider that the signs of hearing loss can mimic other disorders including dementia. These signs can cause others to worry that about your cognitive well-being not realizing that you are struggling to hear.
Signs of Hearing Loss
- Trouble following conversation in a group.
- Problems hearing especially in the presence of background noise
- Misunderstanding what someone is saying and responding inappropriately.
- Frequent repetitions are required to understand the conversation.
Signs of Dementia
- Problems with language, movements, or recognizing objects.
- Memory or concentration problems.
- Experiences difficulty following directions.
- Getting disoriented about time, people, and places.
If you have a hearing loss and you need to wear hearing aids, then you should. The sooner, the better. Hearing aids will never be as noticeable as a hearing loss. to communicate with one of our insurance experts, please contact Gardner Audiology at 1-800-277-1182 or email email@example.com
The Gardner Doctors of Audiology in Dunnellon, Crystal River or Inverness offer free consultations and hearing screenings.